The MAGNEFI2022 conference will take place from October 10th to 14th, 2022. You will experience five days of exciting talks on cutting-edge research in the field of spintronics. Every day will be devoted to one subtopic. There will be invited talks from experienced scientists on both theory as well as applications. Additionally, there will be two poster and three Q&A sessions to allow for scientific discussions and the establishment of new collaborations.
Of course there will also be time to discover the beauty and culture of Crete. Join us for two great social activities: a Cretan night and a boat trip. The details can be found below the programme.
NEW! you can find the book of abstracts here!
The registration will be open on Sunday evening from 6 to 8 pm as well as on Monday morning before the start of the conference. You will find it near the reception in the Albatros Hotel (conference venue). Badges can be collected during all the duration of the conference.
Poster session and Flash presentation
Participants are invited to prepare and print a poster with them. In order to encourage discussion during the poster sessions, we will offer the oportunity to the participants to have a Flash Presentation (1-2 slides – 2 minutes max.) to advertise their poster and their research.
Poster session – guidelines
– The participants who wish to display a poster and have sent an abstract during registration will have a space to hang their poster in the conference venue during the whole duration of the conference.
– The poster should be in format A0, vertical orientation. Please bring your poster printed, as we have no printing office at the conference hotel.
– To allow all the participants to discuss their work and ask questions, we have scheduled 2 poster sessions ( Tue – Thu). The presenters will be divided in two groups according to the schedule that will be sent in a future message.
– There will be a prize for the best poster. The criteria will be based not only on the scientific content, but also on the quality of graphical preparation, originality and effectiveness of the presentation style.
Flash Presentation guidelines
– People who want to advertise their poster can do so in the flash presentation sessions each morning from 9 to 9.30 a.m. (Tue – Wed – Thu) .
– The people who selected this option in the registration form, will have a slot to present their work according to the schedule that will be sent soon. Presentations can be held only by people who indicated that in the registration form.
– Format of the flash presentation: the presentation can be maximum 2 (including title) slides and each speaker has 3 minutes time to advertise the content of their poster and encourage discussion during the sessions. Please, be concise! No need to explain your results for now, just try to answer the question: “why should you visit my poster?”.
– Prepare your presentation in .pdf or .ppt format and send it the day before your scheduled presentation to email@example.com! To speed up the speaker change, it will not be possible to connect laptops during the flash presentation session. Please come to the room 10 min before your session.
In addition to poster sessions and seminars given by invited speakers, some social activities are proposed. All the participants are free to attend, however, participation is not mandatory.
On Monday evenening, at the end of the first conference day, all the participants are invited to experience the tradition of the Greek culture during the Cretan Night at the Albatros Hotel (conference venue). This event includes food accompanied by traditional dance and music. The price is 28 € p.p. (VAT incl.) for the guests of the conference hotel. Participants staying at a different accomodation can participate with a fee of 43€ p.p. .
Day trip to Spinalonga and Aghios Nikolaos
The social event planned for Wednesday afternoon is a a visit to a small island on the east side of the
island, called Spinalonga, where during Venetian rule, salt was harvested from salt pans around the island and also served as a leper colony. The visit will continue to the smallest city of Crete, Aghios Nikolaos and it will terminate with a dinner with view onthe city bay.
The starting time is 14.00 when we will leave the conference Hotel. We will reach Spinoalonga with a small boat. After the visit to Aghios Nikolaos, a private bus will bring us back to the conference Hotel approximately at 23.00. The total cost is 98 € p.p. .